As flight attendants, we practically run on coffee! We absolutely love it. We’re guilty of drinking multiple cups of it in a day; especially when we are working those early morning shows, transcontinental flights, and let’s not forget those late night red-eyes! You can’t blame us for wanting a little extra energy, right? (For the record, if your coffee addicts like us, especially if you travel a ton, we wouldn’t blame you either).
While there isn’t anything wrong with caffeine in itself, did you know that having too much of it can uh, be just that: A little too much. Here’s why:
Too much caffeine can cause:
- Increased anxiety
- Lack of sleep (obviously)
- Major jitter-ness
- Increased stress on your body– which if you’re trying to lose weight or drop body fat this could be the issue!
So how much is too much? It’s recommended by the FDA that a healthy amount of your daily caffeine intake is anything below 250mg. Some people can have 400mg and still not be sensitive to it, but if you feel like you have to rely on caffeine to keep you functioning or give you energy for the day, it may be time to cut back!
Some ways to help cut down on caffeine are:
- Switching to Decaf: if you take pre-workout like us for those heavy leg days in the gym or an added boost of energy to get a good sweat sesh, make sure you stick to decaf drinks the rest of the day (or before hand if you know you’re going to have pre-workout later).
- Drink More Water: it’s possible you’re just not drinking enough H2O! We love carrying GHOST 20oz blender bottles with us wherever we go. Drinking six blender bottles is about a gallon of water.
- Get Enough Sleep: how much sleep are you actually getting each night? Make sure it’s a decent 7-8 hours of full, restful sleep and if you DO have caffeine try to cut it out before 1-3PM so you can actually get to bed and catch those z’s!
We hope these tips help you out if you are noticing your caffeine intake creeping up a little bit! Want more posts like this? Let us know! We’ll be sure to do more! Go LIVE & stay FIT! We’ll chat soon!