Most of us struggle to get in protein, especially while traveling! We totally get it. If you’re like us, we definitely don’t want to be drinking protein shakes all day and filling up on protein bars cause hello- that takes a toll on digestion/bloat sooner or later (which we have a blog post on Tips to Deflate Travel Bloat, too by the way 😉).
Instead, why not try making these quick and simple egg bites that are perfect for packing in that protein?
*Notes* You’ll need a muffin baking pan. This recipe makes 12. Feel free to throw any veggies or seasonings that you like!
- 3 Tbsp Eggstirs in each individual “muffin” cup (personally I like Eggstirs because it tastes better than other egg white brands and still made with 0 fats)
- 2-3 Tbls chopped veggies of choice. I use peppers and onions
- Seasoning of choice! I love everything bagel seasoning or parsley flakes
- Siracha on top for spicy ness
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray tin
- Place all ingredients into each muffin cup (you can use paper liners, but its not necessary)
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Let cook for 10 minutes
- Take out with fork and enjoy!
*Macros for each individual “muffin cup” can vary based on brand of egg whites used but for the ingredients here:
<1 g fats
If you want to use real eggs to increase fat intake, you can! Cooks the same way!
We hope you love these as much as we do! Perfect to travel with in a glass container and cane be eaten at room temperature or heated up!