As you guys may, may not know— we AREN’T vegan, however we do love incorporating vegan foods into our nutrition. 1). because it’s dairy free and 2). Typically because a lot of vegan recipes are rich in nutrients that a good for you such as veggies, grains and fruits! Yum!
And this vegan Mac n cheese is def FULL of good-for-you nutrients!Here’s the full recipe below:
**easiest to use a food scale to measure (g=grams)
Macros for this recipe per serving:
1 serving = 3.5 ounces
1 serving roughly = 30g carbs, 2g fats, 5g protein.
*note: macros can vary depending on type of noodles you use
- 150g raw carrots
- 300g raw potato
- 100g onions
- 20g garlic
- 20g of nutritional yeast
- Optional: couple Dashes of turmeric & garlic salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 whole box noodles (I used a brand called Bio Nature)
*TO MAKE YOUR VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE:
- Bring a pot of water to boiling
- Cut up all your veggies
- Place veggies in boiling water, add in garlic salt for a little seasoning.
- Boil veggies until soft
- Place all veggies in food processor and add coconut milk and nutritional yeast.
- Add in turmeric and garlic salt (for more spice you can also add in jalapeños)
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor until desired consistency for sauce (Think ‘nacho cheese’ sauce consistency for reference)
**WHILE you’re blending your sauce:
- Cook your noodles in a giant sauce pan until soft.
- Pour your vegan cheese sauce on top, add some parsley if desired and stir to coat the noodles until we’ll blended.
- Take off heat, portion out and ENJOY!