Here is a quick and very easy recipe to make a healthy version of chicken nuggs! I was craving chicken nuggets the other day, but wanted to figure out how to make them without all the oil and fried goodness. Don’t worry though! The “goodness” is still here. You’re going to LOVE making these!! **Bonus** I also included how to make Hot Cheeto Chicken Nuggets if you love spicy foods like us!! – Casey
Healthy Breaded Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb chicken breast or baked tenders
- 2 cups PANKO bread crumbs (or whatever brand you prefer)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper for taste (I like to add a little Parmesan if I want some cheesy flavor too).
- PRE HEAT oven to 375.
- dice your chicken into small pieces & shake on seasonings of choice (like salt and pepper)
- crack 2 eggs in a bowl with 1 TBSP olive oil and whisk together
- place PANKO bread crumbs into a separate bowl
- dip chicken pieces one at a time into egg/oil mixture and then dip into the bowl of bread crumbs right after
- place chicken pieces on a sprayed sheet lined with aluminum or parchment paper
- repeat steps until all chicken is coated and breaded
- bake in oven for 30 mins or until the “breading” starts browning
- pair with favorite kinda sauce for dipping! Enjoy
Hot Cheeto Chicken Nuggets
- 1 small bowl-full of Almond Flour (you can use any flour you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Bag of Hot Cheetos, finely smashed. **If you have a food processor I recommend crushing them up into a finer powder in there**
- 1 tray of chicken breast
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil (or any oil you prefer)
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice your chicken up into smaller pieces and drizzle with olive oil
- Crack two eggs into the bowl of flour and pour crushed cheeto crumbs on a baking sheet or cutting board to roll your chicken in
- Dip each piece of chicken into the almond flour/egg mix, and roll in cheeto crumbs (in that order)
- Place chicken nuggets on sprayed sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Repeat steps for all chicken nuggets until all are coated with cheeto crumbs.
- Then place tray in oven for 25-30 minutes. Check to make sure chicken is slightly browning or sizzling and that’s when you’ll know it’s done!
- Dip in ketchup or your favorite kind of sauce and get ready for a mouth full of flavor!
Like these recipes? Let us know and share on your Instagram! Tag @Fit_ForFlight